No sound with Intel ICH8 (Realtek 268 chip)

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:12:28 UTC 2007

On 06/10/2007, Andrew Parker <andrewparker at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On 10/6/07, antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please install the package with full kernel sources for your
> distribution
> > or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
> > sources (default is /lib/modules/2.6.23-0.217.rc9.git1.fc8/source)
> >
> > Where do I get the source in F8T3???
>
> yum install kernel-devel.

Andrew  thats not quite right. kernel-devel are only the development
libraries for the kernel, not the sources. For the kernel source you need to
do the following:

# yum install yum-utils
yumdownloader --source kernel
# rpm -ivh kernel-whatevertheversionis.src.rpm

Cheers
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com