F8 t3 DNS setup problem

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Oct 7 21:39:53 UTC 2007

I have checked the /etc/resolv.conf file and it contains the
following entry:

# generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!

search lan

I have copied my own resolv.conf from a FC6 box to the F8t3
box, with the following lines:

nameserver 212.104.130.9
nameserver 212.104.130.65

seems like the NetworkManager is overwriting
/etc/resolv.conf with duff values. I did set my DNS servers
in the network installation configuration menus.

Do I need to run the NetworkManager? I only use static IP
addresses that I set manually.

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts