login screen in f8??

Riku Seppälä riku.seppala at kymp.net
Tue Oct 9 21:36:24 UTC 2007

Ben Little wrote:
> I know I'm not crazy, but I have seen an "alternate" log in screen
> that has flashed itself at me a couple of times while x-server is
> starting up.  It's got a big yellow flower on it and a pastel
> background (I think--can't remember the background color).  I can't
> seem to locate the files just yet, but they have to be here on this
> system somewhere.  It only flashes for a brief period of time and has
> done it 2 or 3 times in the last few days.  Using gnome btw.
>
> please tell me someone else has seen this so I know that I am not
> completely off my rocker!!

That's the kdm login screen. Something weird there, I had to remove gdm
when I wanted to use kdm. (Editing the /etc/X11/prefdm wasn't enough,
though now I know I should have edited the /etc/sysconfig/desktop.)
Then the kdm used some other theme and not the one with the flower,
which I also had seen flashing.

Riku