icedtea for tomcat5?

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:56:22 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone tried icedtea with tomcat5?  I'm trying this on F7 x86_64, doesn't
> seem to work.
>
> I got:
> HTTP Status 500 -
> type Exception report
> message
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
> exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>
> <disclosure>
> I know absolutely nothing about tomcat, so I'm just taking a wild guess
> that
> the problem has to do with using icedtea
> </disclosure>

You could try running Tomcat on the Sun JDK or gcj to find out if the
problem is related to icedtea.
In any case, there's a log directory under the tomcat directory (or
somewhere under /var/log in case you're using the tomcat RPM). There should
be a complete exception trace around there which might give a hint at the
source of the problem.

Klaasjan