icedtea for tomcat5?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:01:55 UTC 2007

Klaasjan Brand wrote:

> On 10/10/07, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone tried icedtea with tomcat5?  I'm trying this on F7 x86_64, doesn't
>> seem to work.
>>
>> I got:
>> HTTP Status 500 -
>> type Exception report
>> message
>> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>> from fulfilling this request.
>> exception
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>>
>> <disclosure>
>> I know absolutely nothing about tomcat, so I'm just taking a wild guess
>> that
>> the problem has to do with using icedtea
>> </disclosure>
>

> You could try running Tomcat on the Sun JDK or gcj to find out if the
> problem is related to icedtea.
> In any case, there's a log directory under the tomcat directory (or
> somewhere under /var/log in case you're using the tomcat RPM). There
> should be a complete exception trace around there which might give a hint
> at the source of the problem.
>
> Klaasjan

Thanks for the hint.  I found this error, mean anything to anyone?  Should I report this as a
icedtea bug?

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /WEB-INF/jsp/login.jsp
The type java.io.Writer cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
1: <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" pageEncoding="iso-8859-1"%>
2:
3: <html><head>
4:     <%@ include file="head.jsp" %>