F7.92 problems found so far - F7.92 Xen guest of F7 dom0

Mike Carney mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 17:45:49 UTC 2007

Greetings,

Install / reboot of F7.92 xen guest on a F7 dom0 went well. Only two
problems noticed so far:

1) During install, did manual IPv4 configuration. When install was complete,
noticed that resultant /etc/hosts entry for IPv4 loopback address
erroneously concatenated the name I entered with "localhost.localdomain":

127.0.0.1               oliverlocalhost.localdomain localhost

Should have been:

127.0.0.1               oliver localhost.localdomain localhost

2) crond doesn't work. I installed a crontab for root, and the jobs listed
there never run. The same crontab works fine for FC5, FC6, and F7. crond is
running; restarting it doesn't help. It simply doesn't run the jobs.
Nothing suspicious found in /var/log/audit/audit.log either.