rawhide i686 live image

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 17:33:22 UTC 2007

> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/rawhide-20071011-i686-Live.torrent

Nice! I like this way of testing rawhide BTW. Super easy.

So, I tried it on my current development workstation. (nee FC6)

1) at grub, there is no menu item to boot into RAM if you have 2+Gig.
Where did this go? It was nice to have. Now everything hits disk.

2) Intel microcode update takes a long time to run at firstboot.
Completed successfully, but took long enough that I went to make coffee.

3) I had the same blank etc/resolve.conf issue that was
reported previously. Manually editing this to my nameserver worked.

4) Rant: brings up the emacs thing... I don't care if it is a live cd,
it should ship with emacs!! Something about a linux distro w/o emacs,
gcc and /usr/include makes me sad.

I guess I should d/l the developer disk.

5) Artwork looks fine to me.

6) Why transmission BT client? FWIW, ktorrent seems better.

7) system tools/ power statistics: this is only for laptops, no? Might
be interesting to have this tool measure cpu idle states in addition to
battery usage. Could be cool.

Anyway, back to work.

This looks pretty good to me.

-benjamin