foo2zjs drivers

Marko Anastasov marko at marko.anastasov.name
Sat Oct 13 17:26:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

Today I ran the Ubuntu Gutsy RC LiveCD, and I was surprised
to find my HP LaserJet 1022 working flawlessly, for the first
on any GNU/Linux distro. This is because I never found a driver
for this model, and none of the others (ie, for other models)
managed to work well. I quickly opened system-config-printer,
and saw that the printer has been configured to run with the
driver named "HP... Foomatic/foo2zjs". I googled a bit and
noticed that a Fedora package being mentioned as available in
Livna. I downloaded the tarball from http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/
and saw that driver is licensed under the GPL.

I'm curious why is this driver not provided by Fedora?

	Marko