Fedora 7 Test Update: kdepim-3.5.7-10.svn20070926.ent.fc7

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Sun Oct 14 01:25:48 UTC 2007

On Saturday 13 October 2007 07:55:26 pm Kevin Kofler wrote:
> HTML mail is a disease infecting the Internet, please don't contribute to
> spreading it!

  That is your opinion - and others - but not everyone.

  i work for a corporation with nearly 20,000 employees - if you think  you
will reduce the benefit of structured email by evangelism I wish you good
luck.

   Even the forms I need to approve many things come as a table - its
convenient to hit reply - fill in the box and im done - no saving a doc -
editing and attaching. It would take more time that way - and time is
money ... the world has moved forward and the net is fast enough - certainly
intranet and for the most part the internet as well.

   While mailing lists like this one are one thing and I try to adhere to what
is asked for in each setting - and by all means feel free to encourage text
emails but there is just too much benefit to formatting in an enterprise and
business setting,

   Just as mail lists demand text email -  the business world demands
structured email - so for that purpose it is important - and I try to adhere
to what is being asked for in that setting as well.

   You'll note that I am not debating the size cost or speed - even tho'
google and others now routinely offer effectively unlimited space for mails -
i wont say the arguments are dated and have not evolved with the demands of
modern business or what many users want for that matter.

   Text emails have a place - it is just not everywhere - just like structured
emails have a place. You may not see it or need it - but many do. I am one of
those many. Its not something to debate or deny - its a reality.

   Denying the existance of your feet won't make them go away you know.

g/