missing dependencies for yum update

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 17:05:59 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt said the following on 10/16/2007 08:02 AM Pacific Time:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:23:53 -0700, David L wrote:
>
>> I got a yum update error on one of my f8t3 test machines this morning:
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdegraphics
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdebase
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libHalf.so.4 is needed by package kdelibs
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdelibs
>
> Watch the list of broken deps at the bottom of the daily rawhide
> report. Those above are due to an incompatible OpenEXR upgrade. A
> rebuild of the packages may or may not fix this quickly.

Why doesn't this work?

# yum update --exclude=kdebase --exclude=kdegraphics --exclude=kdelibs

Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package kdegraphics
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdegraphics
Error: Missing Dependency: libHalf.so.4 is needed by package kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libHalf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4 is needed by package kdebase
Error: Missing Dependency: libIlmImf.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package kdebase