Is NetworkManager really as broken as it seems?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:15:16 UTC 2007

Thanks for all the responses saying it works for you, but unfortunately...

It doesn't work for me... at all!
It used to work in F8T1.

I don't know how to proceed to attempt to resolve
either of the issues.

There are no unusual entries in /var/log/messages or dmesg
other than messages I used to see telling me that the
kill switch was on  (and nothing I could do would turn it off).
That would explain the wireless problem, but that doesn't
explain why my eth0 doesn't exist within 'network manager'.

BTW. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6400 with the Intel 3945 wireless.
(I will try the other ipw driver as someone mentioned in
subsequent reply.

(and I'm not even going to try to ask about
getting suspend/hibernate to work...
... let alone with wireless.)