finding the sorces for kernel-2.6.23-6

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 18:53:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 13:02 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I don't see any sources for the kernel-2.6.23-6.  Are there any?  If not
> what kernel would be recommended on a test system to use for adding the
> Dazuko module?

If you're building a kernel module that's external to the kernel
sources, you just need to install the 'kernel-devel' package.

If you're actually rebuilding the kernel to add/remove modules that are
present in the upstream 2.6.23 kernel, you can use yumdownloader (in the
'yum-utils' package) to download the srpm, like so:
yumdownloader --source kernel

Hope that helps.

-w