one more time -- "yum update" grief

Caerie Houchins cdhouch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:42:15 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   and yet again, a simple "yum update" ends badly:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/gdm/themes/FedoraInfinity/FedoraInfinityGDM.xml
> conflicts between attempted installs of fedora-logos-7.96.0-1.fc8 and
> fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8
>
>   i realize this is a test release, but it seems that there have been
> an annoying number of update glitches lately, what with missing
> dependencies and conflicting dependencies.  are these things not even
> sanity-checked before they're unleashed?
>
> rday
>
> --
> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> http://crashcourse.ca

I hit this one too.  The odd thing is when I went to
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/there
was a newer version of fedora-logos than what my mirror was offering
me.  I grabbed fedora-logos-8.0.0-1.fc8.noarch.rpm and installed it and the
rest went ok.

--
Caerie Houchins