Problem with online-desktop

Aravind Seshadri aravind at aravind.name
Thu Oct 18 16:28:23 UTC 2007

I installed online-desktop on an i386 machine which was running rawhide
(rawhide after Fedora 8 Test 2 was released). I made online-desktop as
my default desktop environment. When Test 3 was released I used the DVD
to upgrade from T2 to T3.

I haven't noticed it before but now I am unable to log into GNOME.
Whenever I log in to GNOME, I was taken back to online-desktop. So I
uninstalled online-desktop using yum. Now I cannot get back to GNOME at
all. Even though there is no session for online-desktop I was taken back
to online-desktop. When I tried the instructions given on this page [1]
I get a blank screen with no panels and no mouse or keyboard controls. I
completely lost GNOME.

Any idea what is going on.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/OnlineDesktop/GetRunning
--