powernow not working for me with 2.6.23?

Jim Hayward jimhayward at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:06:29 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I just noticed that powernow is no longer working on my system. I'm
currently using 2.6.23.1-23.fc8. But looking back through all the logs I
still have, it was not working at least as far back as 2.6.23-6.fc8.

I see this in the logs...

powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ processors (2 cpu cores) (version 2.00.00)
powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS structure
powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS structure
  Magic number: 11:10:568

It always used to work before, so this seems kind of strange to me that
all of a sudden it is unsupported. Does anyone have an idea as to what
might have changed to make it unsupported now?

Regards,
	Jim H