7.92 install disk does not boot on HP dc7700

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Oct 20 03:51:15 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> It's one of these:
> http://www.hp.com/sbso/solutions/pc_expertise/article/dc7700p-vpro-technology.html
>
> with changes:
> 1. Mine came sans DVD. I installed a SATA Pioeer DVD burner.
> 2, 80 Gb SATA drive is standard. I replaced i with 320 Gb SATA. I plan
> to copy the 80 Gb drive to the 320, when I get an image that will boot.
>

> The last message is
> ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)
>
> The processor's an intel® Core� 2 Duo processor E6300
>

> I'm trying to boot the AMD-64 version.
>
> I'll follow up if I can find more info about this beast, or I get a
> better result.

I am getting very frustrated. It's hard to find the beta information
from the fedoraproject.org.

I've been mucking around for over 15 minutes and not found how to
install this stuff on the web.

Previously, at the boot screen one could use the F<n> keys to get
information about trying to circumvent boot options, but not now. They
don't do anything.

I don't see anything in the ISO image to help me. The REAME that used to
be there isn't.

The release notes (and much of what I found on the fedoraproject site)
refers to F7. I don't know how much to believe.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait