Proposed changes for Fedora 9 and how it affects Rawhide

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 23:29:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 16:05 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Upon visiting Distrowatch.com, I saw about Fedora's plan to release instead of
> test 1, test 2, test 3
> alpha, beta, release candidate, final release
>
> documented here:  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/DevelopmentChangesProposal
>
> How will it affect us, if we decide to keep updating our rawhide machines?
>
> Will it stay the same as it has been or will it change as well?

Those wonderful and amazing testers known as rawhiders[1] should have
basically the same experience, although we're hoping that changing the
way the freezes work will lead to a smoother and more enjoyable
experience.

Jeremy

[1] Looking for better names... and then we have to figure out how to
get some shirts made :)