Audio Still Not Right On Werewolf

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 24 18:19:55 UTC 2007

Booting Werewolf still exhibits audio issues on my systems:

1.)	Only an ordinary user logging in on the gui gets audio
2.)	Logging in that same user on a console instead does not get
audio
3.)	Root can't access audio.

To my mind there's much to much molly coddling going on in attempts to
control who accesses audio. No one size solution is going to satisfy all
users (or use cases) in audio anymore than it ever did with hats.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org