--qf %{license}

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 12:26:55 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:20:29 +0200
> "shrek-m at gmx.de" <shrek-m at gmx.de> wrote:
>> sorry for the noise, but i think you should not wait to long!
>> http://gplv3.fsf.org/rms_gplv3_launch_transcript
>>
> It doesn't really matter what Fedora ships.  It matters what upstreams
> release.  Fedora can't re-license software, only the upstream can do
> that.

thanks, i know.  (english never was my favorit language in school)

fedora as  close_to_upstream-distribution  can and will see license
incompatibilities in the near future, GPLv3+ vs. GPLv2only.
if the license tags are filed with the correct version (GPL, LGPL is not
enough) the maintainers could check and evtl. solve the problems.

--
shrek-m