7.92 DOA

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Oct 28 16:53:39 UTC 2007

After returning from a month long overseas trip I updated
my office machine which was running 7.91.  It ceased to
initialize.

I downloaded
and installed 7.92 x86_64 on an Intel DG33BU motherboard, Core Duo,
and 7950gt pci-e video.

Graphic install failed with the screen scrambled.

Text install proceeded normally but did not detect any
other operating systems including XP.

Once loaded, Fedora fails the boot with repeated

init[1] trap divide error rip:2aaaab563c44 rsp:7fff7c51eba0  error:0

I had to reinstall Ubuntu Studio 64 7.10 to get access to the machine.
Ubuntu now detects most other operating systems and offers to put
them in Grub.

Ubuntu Studio 64 7.10: Text install OK, systems runs fine.

Sabayon Professional 1.1 live: boots and runs, motherboard ethernet
not seen.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665