7.92 DOA - more info requested

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 28 21:13:07 UTC 2007

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> After returning from a month long overseas trip I updated
> my office machine which was running 7.91.  It ceased to
> initialize.
Do you mean after a reboot ?
Or did yum not initialize ?

> I downloaded
> and installed 7.92 x86_64 on an Intel DG33BU motherboard, Core Duo,
> and 7950gt pci-e video.
>
> Graphic install failed with the screen scrambled.
Can you describe or take a picture of that ?

> Text install proceeded normally but did not detect any
> other operating systems including XP.
That one has been fixed.

> Once loaded, Fedora fails the boot with repeated
>
> init[1] trap divide error rip:2aaaab563c44 rsp:7fff7c51eba0  error:0
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems
Anything in there help it get going ?

Is that any different in runlevel 1 ?

> I had to reinstall Ubuntu Studio 64 7.10 to get access to the machine.
> Ubuntu now detects most other operating systems and offers to put
> them in Grub.
Could you try a fedora live CD ?

A pre release rawhide-dvd-20071024 was made, and is available as a torrent:
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

Basically, if a fix is to make it into F8, developers will need as much
info as possible ASAP {before Tuesday}, to determine whether it is a
blocker etc...

DavidT.