F8 on Mactel

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 11:03:25 UTC 2007

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams schrieb:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 21:00 -0500, Chris Negus wrote:
>
>> I noticed that there is no longer a free download of bootcamp available
>> from Apple that can be used to set up a Mac to dual-boot with Fedora (at
>> least I can't find it). Is buying Leopard the only way to get bootcamp?
>> If so, is there some other tool (preferably open source) to use to do
>> what bootcamp does?
>>
> No, but the x86_64 version shouldn't need Bootcamp since it uses EFI.

"diskutil resizeVolume"
$ man diskutil
$ diskutil resizeVolume

not tested!
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/96851
# diskutil resizeVolume disk0s2 55G "MS-DOS FAT32" "Windows Partition"
mimimize the mac os partition to 55G and create a new fat32 partition

i do not know if this works
you could evtl. set your date before 2007-09-30 and try to install a
boot-camp beta.
boot camp 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 have different end dates.

--
shrek-m