rawhide report: 20070919 changes

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 11:42:44 UTC 2007

--- David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:

> on 9/19/2007 7:32 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > --- David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:

> done
> >> that:

> >> Chuck is correct here. My mistake completely.
> >>
> >> This is what I get for replying as I am going out
> >> the door for a meeting.
> >>
> >> I am sorry about this.
> >>
> >> Good luck with your testing.
> >> --
> >>
> >>   David

> > Do not worry David.  It happens to us all.  It was
> an
> > honest mistake.  Still even with the skip-broken
> > plugin, updating fails.
>
> First. Do you have any 'other than Fedora' packages
> installed? That can,
> and usually does, cause problems.
>
> For me it worked this time. It, the plugin, works
> most of the time.
>
> I have a script that works when this plugin does not
> work. It is not too
> large but I would not post it for you here because
> some users have
> download size limits.
>
> If you would like to try it, it has never caused me
> any problems, I would
> email it to you privately. It is slow when you
> compare it to a normal
> update but it will skip any packages that have
> problems.
> --
>
>   David
>
> > --

Thanks, I would appreciate if you sent your script.
using the skip-broken plugin plus the --exclude option
is not working:

Transaction Summary
Install      4 Package(s)
Update      97 Package(s)
Remove       2 Package(s)

Total download size: 171 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
Package devhelp needs libgtkembedmoz.so, this is not
available.
Package yelp needs libgtkembedmoz.so, this is not
available.
Package yelp needs libxpcom_core.so, this is not
available.
Package devhelp needs gecko-libs = 1.8.1.6, this is
not available.
Package yelp needs gecko-libs = 1.8.1.6, this is not
available.
Package digikam needs libkexiv2.so.1, this is not
available.
Package digikam needs libkdcraw.so.1, this is not
available.
Complete!
[root at localhost ~]# yum --skip-broken update
--exclude=digikam --exclude=kipi* -[root at localhost ~]#
yum --skip-broken update --exclude=digikam
--exclude=kipi* [olivares at localhost ~]$

I do not want to eliminate digikam, or yelp.  Maybe
Robert is also interested in your script.

Regards,

Antonio