Fedora Infinity · Re: rawhide report: 20070830 changes

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 5 07:27:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 03:27 +0200, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> What's needed is a symlink for the default.jpg location from what was
> in F7 fedora-logos to one of the static infinity images for a default.
> Probably worth putting a bug in against fedora-logos and/or
> desktop-backgrounds-basic. One or the other needs to provide the
> default.jpg location.
>
> The "animation" is time based and is meant to change roughly once an
> hour to mimic changes in ambient light. But I don't think its meant to
> be the default, since its the first time we're making use of the
> feature.
>
> -jef

Yeah, I would make the default one the still image. Just a comment to
the current package (as it is in cvs): the symlinks should be to
pm00.png, not am00.png as the noon image is supposed to be the default
one, and the animation is shifted, IIRC the start time should be
midnight. Also, I noticed that the animation was stripped down to only
four wallpapers, I'd suggest to move the animated wallpaper to separate
package with full version (i.e. one wallpaper per hour) and in the Live
CDs include only still version (that would mean, that the symlinks would
have been the other way, i.e. pm00 would point to still). Also
widescreen wallpapers are AFAIK missing in the current package, but Mo
created the still one for widescreen too (animation is only 4:3) [1].

Martin