Rawhide Live Images

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 18:14:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:09 +0200, Ronald Warsow wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > A new full set of rawhide live images is available based on today's
> > rawhide plus a slightly smaller desktop-backgrounds-basic package (which
> > will be in tomorrow's rawhide).  I've done some very very basic testing
> > with it, but it'd be good to get as many eyes on the bits as possible in
> > the lead-up to Test 2.
>
> ... so I had a short view on a i386 box:
>
> - avahi-daemon: segfault at 00000000 eip 0804cc50 esp bfc78460 error 4
>    on boot up, but is restartable without segfault

I think this is already filed, but probably worth double-checking.  I've
noticed it also.

> - p54 / prism54 firmware (isl3886/3890) would be "a nice to have ",
>    mr. nielsen !
>    ;-)

If the firmware is available with a license which is freely
redistributable, then it should be doable.  The last time I looked,
though, I was unable to find anything conclusive.  And if there's not a
license, then we can't ship it.

> - i personal would prefer wireshark than the games

Given the target audience, the games are probably a better fit.
Especially as if you know you want wireshark, it's just a yum install
away :)

Jeremy