Rawhide Live Images

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 6 02:45:38 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 01:50 +0200, Ronald Warsow wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> A new full set of rawhide live images is available based on today's
>>> rawhide plus a slightly smaller desktop-backgrounds-basic package (which
>>> will be in tomorrow's rawhide).  I've done some very very basic testing
>>> with it, but it'd be good to get as many eyes on the bits as possible in
>>> the lead-up to Test 2.
>>>
>> can be found ... ?
>> today ?
>
> Ermm, yes.  They're up now in the usual place --
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org
>
> Happy torrent'ing!
>
> Jeremy

Hi all,
	Before torrenting a Live image I thought I would try the boot.iso since I have
had problems with this kind of stuff in the past.
No go, I get to the part where it shows a box titled Loading SCSI drivers
and in the box it says "loading pata_sis driver" and then nothing for ~2:45(that
  is 2 minutes and 45 seconds) then the box and message go away and then I wait
another 2:45 and the next screen (Choose a Language) comes up. Then I go through
the following screens to do an ftp install and after I enter the mirror and
directory and then I have to wait another 2:45 for network activity to start and
then the screen shows "retrieving images/stage2.img...".
The second time I tried to do the same network install, I had to wait 3:45
between the events where it was a 2:45 wait previously.
Eventually I was able to do the install but something is not right with these
long waits during the install.
My guess is that the SiS driver still is not sorted out.

(see also bz#235902)
HTH,
Richard