f8t1 LiveCD " vga=..." boot loader parameter

Robert McBroom (TNWestTex) no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Wed Sep 12 16:27:32 UTC 2007

> Chuck Ebbert wrote:
>
> Yeah, the startup scripts very "helpfully" load a default font that
> destroys the compressed text mode selected at boot time. On a normal
> system, just rename the fonts directory to work around that problem.
> Then save the console font from bootup and make that the new default
> (and restore the directory name.)

What command saves the font?  In Slackware I put

setfont -v Cyr-a8x8.psfu.gz

in rc.font to get the desired console font.  I can't find that font or an equivalent to rc.font in Fedora.

Robert McBroom

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=201386&topic_id=43730&forum=12#forumpost201386
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame Darkenergy at bellsouth.net.