Compac Pressario V6500 test 1

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 12:40:29 UTC 2007

test1 - Compac Presario V6508EO

1. Fedora 8 test 2, the first package that did boot and install.
( have reported problem with S

- first to report nVidia MCP67, come up with Broadcom device,
would read Ricoh SD cards, etc. Well done.
( from nvidia.com - I did receive message to make sure that AHCI mode
where set in BIOS, while this bios doesn't supply any entries for disks,
or options ) Can this be controlled from Linux ?

2. Network doesn't work:
- perhaps I need to separatly install nForceth driver ?
- The Broadcom will have to be set up with BCM43XX driver, which
  was expected.
-However:
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device 054c (rev a2)
Can this be the internal modem device, as one application tried to connect to
is as a 14400baud modem ? (Totem Movie Player )

Finally something running since FC6... due to the SATA problems.

( system I/O,memory ports, irq is listed in http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?product=3466328&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Note - it says it has a Broadcom 4321AGN Wi-Fi Adapter - but that is false.
What Fedora reports is correctly compared to Windows Vista. Part is actually
a 4311 adapter in my case. )

//ARNE