ping chuck ebbert

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Wed Sep 19 17:13:54 UTC 2007

Christopher Brown wrote:
> On 19/09/2007, Ronald Warsow <rwarsow at online.de> wrote:
>> hallo
>>
>> according to this thread
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/745231
>> and
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-ide@vger.kernel.org/msg06174.html
>>
>> my question:
>> are there some more kernel parameter I can try.
>>
>> currently I only can boot my F7/rawhide box (ATI SB600 controller)
>> with acpi=off
>> or
>> nohpet
>>

> Try noapic or nolapic. For a full list for the 2.6.22 kernel:

just tried without luck !

> http://snecker.fedorapeople.org/kp.txt

many thanks, but I had a look at this list already.

the difficulty for me is to decide *what* parameter in what combination
*are best* to try.
means *minimal* bootparameter by *maximal feature*.

so, for instance, if I choose "acpi=off" I got a complete boot, but no
cpu frequency scaling, with "nohpet" I loose tickless, - afaik-.

pci=noacpi,irqpoll as mentioned by chuck in the first above thread
doesn't work for me.

I read some more threads about:
- 64 bit fedora should fix this
- hardware design bug,
- bios updates
- ....,

but nothing what's "handy clear".

I believe I next do a serial console trace to start investigating this
issue in top of that.

--
      Ronald