F8test2 Xen guest install to F7 fails - no /Fedora directory in distro.

Mike Carney mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 19 18:47:07 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:47:06 -0700
> Mike Carney <mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> F8test2 iso mounted and exported via nfs, e.g:
>>
>> nfs:192.168.0.1:/mnt  (side note - virt-install / virt-manager nfs URI
>> syntax is wrong - should really be nfs://192.168.0.1:/mnt)
>>

>> Snooping the NFS traffic shows the install successfully mounting the
>> distro dvd iso, and failing to find a /Fedora directory there. Sure
>> 'nuff, that's a difference between F8test1 and earlier releases of
>> fedora and F8test2.
>
> You're stating two different (and incompatible things) here.  First
> that you've loopmounted the iso and exported the contents, second that
> your install /also/ mounted the iso, which it couldn't have unless you
> pointed to a nfs directory which just had the .iso file sitting there.
>
> Which is it?

No I'm not. Seems clear and concise to me. But I'll restate it for you. The
iso is loop mounted on a nfs server, which virt-install/virt-manager is
told about through using  nfs:192.168.0.1:/mnt as an argument. Previous
versions of the distro had a Fedora directory at the root of the dvd iso.
f8test2 does not, therefore, the install fails.