F8test2 Xen guest install to F7 fails - no /Fedora directory in distro.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 19:15:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:47:07 -0700
Mike Carney <mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No I'm not. Seems clear and concise to me. But I'll restate it for
> you. The iso is loop mounted on a nfs server, which
> virt-install/virt-manager is told about through using
> nfs:192.168.0.1:/mnt as an argument. Previous versions of the distro
> had a Fedora directory at the root of the dvd iso. f8test2 does not,
> therefore, the install fails.

Yes, but you said that sniffing nfs showed you the installer mounting
the iso?  As in loopback mounting the iso, or that it mounted the nfs
directory where the iso was pre-mounted?

This may be a regression due to making the package directory more
generic (s/Fedora/Packages/), but loopback mounted NFS installs are not
nearly tested as much as exploaded tree NFS, or unmounted isos in a NFS
directory method.  If you don't loopback mount the iso and instead just
nfs share the directory that has the .iso file in it, does your install
proceed?

--
Jesse Keating