f8t2 glabels printing offset

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Wed Sep 19 21:23:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 12:11 -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> I frequently use glabels.  In f8t2, it offsets the label printing
> downward by about 1/2" when I send it to my Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer
> using turboprint.  The same document sent to my Samsung Laser ML-1750
> is not offset, nor is one using the gutenprint driver for the Canon,
> however that driver has inferior quality output compared to the
> turboprint driver.
>
> If I use another application such as gedit or OO.o Writer, the printed
> output for all printers is identical, no offset on any printer.

Hi, Jerry,

Unfortunately, TurboPrint is a proprietary system, and thus any support
or troubleshooting is entirely up to you or any technical support its
producer may have. It being proprietary also means that we in Fedora
cannot easily debug it, if at all; and your mention of the gutenprint
driver printing it with the correct offset only affirms my suspicion
that it is in fact TurboPrint acting in error here.

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479