FC8T2 fails to install when root on LV over software raid

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Sep 20 17:30:52 UTC 2007

BZ 298661

This is an ongoing issue that has been around for awhile.  For whatever
reason, during an install of FC on my test system and one other
production system with promise raid controllers set to individual drives
and NOT raid, you have to use a NOMPATH parm for the installer to detect
all of the software raidsets. And this is then the only way the
installer sees all the raidsets that are PVs for the LVs.

Even then, the system will not switchroot since during initrd the
raidsets are not started causing the LVs to not be detected.

Would really like to get this fixed.  Had to install FC7 on one of the
few raidsets that survived during install.

Interesting thing:  FC5 installed nicely on an LV and have kept it
updated as a rawhide system (tho many current kernel initrds won't
switchroot).
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)