rawhide report: 20070920 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Sep 21 10:48:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 16:50 -0400, Build System wrote:

> NetworkManager-1:0.7.0-0.2.svn2833.fc8
> --------------------------------------
> * Thu Sep 20 2007 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 1:0.7.0-0.2.svn2833
> - New SVN snapshot of 0.7 that sucks less
>
> * Thu Aug 30 2007 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 1:0.7.0-0.1.svn2736
> - Update to SVN snapshot of 0.7

Something in this update (or was it another package) has hosed my
wireless connection.

the nm-applet isn't appearing in the notification area on login, and I'm
not asked for my keychain password so that it can log onto the network
here.

If I restart NetworkManager then it appears, but the icon is weird (it's
like I'm seeing a slice of a 128px x 128px icon.  It's really wide, but
only as high as my panel.

Wireless isn't working.   I can't even ifup eth0

lspci shows I've got a:

03:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
Network Connection (rev 05)

It works fine in f7, but it doesn't work using older kernels in f8t2 but
did before this update.

What more do you need to know?

R.

 It's much better on my side"