Kernel Bug Triage - Join Us

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 19:53:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:41:42PM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
 > On 09/24/2007 03:37 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 02:57:07PM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
 > >
 > >  > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelBugTriage
 > >  > >
 > >  > It would be really nice if we could point users towards a web page
 > >  > containing debugging tips, workarounds etc. taken from the closed bugs.
 > >
 > > Isn't that what the wiki page above contains ?
 > > Or did you mean something else?
 >
 > That is aimed at people handling bug reports. I was thinking of something
 > for end users, but what is there could be a good starting point for that.

Ah, I see. The 'common problems' section was pretty much started with a
"Help users to help themselves" intention, in the hope that we'll get
better debug info that "my machine locked up" or "doesn't boot", but the
page as a whole is bit of a mish-mash of various intentions, so perhaps
it does need factoring out to a separate page.

It could also use fleshing out some more.  Contributions welcomed !

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk