An especially raw rawhide? (nmh and audio)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 15:48:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:38:52 -0600
lwn-ft at lwn.net (Jonathan Corbet) wrote:

> I'm not running SELinux at all, so I don't think that would change
> much...

How do you have it disabled though?  I learned yesterday that there is
an important difference between having it disabled via  boot time
argument (selinux=0 or enforcing=0) vs having it disabled in
the /etc/sysconfig/selinux config file (which is what Firstboot would
poke).  If you have it disabled via the config file, that may be too
late for the hal startup to set the appropriate ACLs.  It has to be
disabled at boot time, or you have to restart haldaemon after selinux
is shut off via the config file.

--
Jesse Keating