An especially raw rawhide? (X disconnects)

Jonathan Corbet lwn-ft at lwn.net
Tue Sep 25 19:38:52 UTC 2007

Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 09:26 -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>
> >  - X clients occasionally just exit, seemingly losing their connection
> >    to the server.  For whatever reason, panel applets (and the panel
> >    itself) seem especially prone to this one.
>
> I haven't seen this.  It might be good to attach strace to one and dump
> the output somewhere to see what happens just before it exits.

One other data point: I just had another application fail with:

  xv: xcb_xlib.c:41: xcb_xlib_lock: Assertion `!c->xlib.lock' failed.
  Abort

This *might* be a completely different problem, though - if it happens,
it does so right at startup.  The application starts correctly probably
14 times out of 15.

jon