Updating to F8 (rawhide)

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Wed Sep 26 23:39:01 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Ronald Warsow wrote:
>

>> I *can't find anything* what makes any diff.'s to a simple "burn iso
>> and install" and sounds to me like a so called "anaconda-based update"
>> on the page you provided.
>>
>> The above means(with a cynically undertone):
>> You steel my time, which I better can spend on testing, when you
>> stereotype broadcasting the same info, when I explicitly asked for more.
>
> It just means, the information you wanted is already there and you could
> read what is written or atleast explain what you didn't understand.  The

HELLO WORLD
is the question:
what's a "anaconda-based update" and where can one read something of
it's magic"
understandable ?
is there a need to explain what I want to know ?

HELLO WORLD
how many words "anaconda" do you can find on this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing
and
how is this chapter overwritten ?
anaconda-based-update ?

rahul
-SIGH-
yes, *I* can read what *I* can see/what is written and (mostly) *I* know
what I have read.
apart from that someone calls a "cd/dvd/iso-based install or a network
install" a "anaconda-based update" I got not the impression that my
brain is clipping/jamming.

and I'm used to ask *then* to exclude that it starts clipping
*stereotype* on the same questions again, otherwise I should "gurgle"
with some anti-lime stuff.
you know ?!

> latest test release is available at
>
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7.91/
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org
>
> You could also get the rawhide boot.iso and do a network installation

btw.
I'm running RH since 6.x and Fedora from the beginning
it could therefore be that I have seen *anaconda*[1] running, lets say a
few times just above 2 or 3, and believe mostly I find a mirror.

at least I was successful up to "rawhide F8" !
but "anaconda-based update" never seen/heard of.

[1] -IRC- anaconda was introduced around RH 6.x (fix me)

so lets say *thanks* for your expressive/impressive/informational answer.

- PLONK-

(as Alan Cox used to say in that sort of affairs, hopefully it's under GPL)

--
      Ronald