Testers Hardware...

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:53:15 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> The smolt profile needs be uploaded to a database for proper mining. and
> a search tool added to bugzilla or fas...
>
> How about some comments from developers... How do you prefer this.

I think one of the big questions to get answered is would this actually be
effective and useful.
- Would developers find it beneficial to seek out people in the testing pool who
have specific hardware configurations if the tool and data were there to find them?
- Would it be a value-add to the debugging process rather than waiting for those
with the hardware to run into the same issue, go looking for the posted relevant
bugs, and add comments?
- Is it possible Bodhi could then also link the commenter's hardware profiles
(for updates-testing) if they were available in FAS and the commenter was logged
in?  Would that help?

The FAS account would need to hold an arbitrary number of hardware profiles as
well; I've got three that would be listed for rawhide (four if you count
multiple architecture VMs), so that needs to be handled.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used