moving a fedora 7 to rawhide

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 22:57:47 UTC 2008

Dear folks,

since Fedora 7 is slowly passing away, support is
ending EOL, I decided to update it to rawhide, since
Fedora 8 is not what I wanted to update it to.

I downloaded the fedora-release-8.92 rpm and installed
it and the fedora-notes which was a prerequisite for
fedora-release then I disabled fedora repo and enabled
development repo and on the journey begins.

I am following the advice from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

I have encountered a few issues, namely the kernel
does not boot --??185.  I have to boot to 2.6.23.15??
only since the machine only boots two kernels I have
to resort to booting it.  A few conflicts here and
there, Is there a cleanup script that checks for fc7
rpms and deletes them and finds corresponding fc9
rpms?

I know that updating a dying Fedora 7 to rawhide is
not recommended, but I said what the heck, if I get
burned, I'll just get Fedora-9-Beta media and install
from there.  I just want a script if it exists and try
to sort things out and hopefully make the machine boot
into the newer kernels and get going from there.

Thanks in Advance,

Antonio