Fc9 won't start X

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 01:07:16 UTC 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 7:49 PM, Jim wrote:

> "Did you someone get booted into runlevel 3?  If you try 'telinit 5'
> at the prompt what do you get?"
>
> Yes stuck in runlevel 3.
> If  I telinit 5 or kdm (Using KDE) I can go to the login window and
> on in to KDE Desktop, What isn't configured right ?

If you installed in text mode (as per your previous mails) then the
system assumes you're going to want to run in text mode as well.

Edit /etc/inittab to change the default runlevel to 5 (graphical).

> As for the Bluetooth mouse , it''s a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser,
> How would i configure that ?
> I did as SU a hidd --search and it connected and worked until I
> rebooted.

Not sure about KDE, but in GNOME you fire up the Bluetooth
preferences, go over to "Services", go to "Input Service", and hit the
"Add" button.

-w