sys-conf-firewall - can you use it to set the firewall to log dropped packets ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 22 09:56:37 UTC 2008

Running the near F9 system-config-firewall-1.2.7-1.fc9.noarch.
Can I use Custom Rules|Add to supply a rule that logs dropped packets ?
Or is the only way via cli iptables setup {or firestarter gui} ?

This interests me because I have an almost headless server {old serial
terminal vdu setup}, and I want to see such messages on the terminal.

Perhaps it should be an easy option so that firewall beginners can be a
bit informed about connections and packets being dropping on their machine ?

It is also handy to see the notification when you are trying to connect
through a remote method, if indeed the firewall is blocking you...

File an RFE bug ?
Or wouldn't it fit well with s-c-firewall ?

DaveT.