Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter

Bob Arendt rda at rincon.com
Tue Apr 22 15:10:28 UTC 2008

I've been able to use the ath5k driver, though it doesn't seem to work
as reliably the madwifi "ath_pci" driver.

If you're using madwifi, you need to add:
blacklist ath5k
to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and reboot.

I've been using the svn trunk pretty successfully against the new kernels:
svn checkout http://svn.madwifi.org/madwifi/trunk madwifi
cd madwifi
make install

If you install a new kernel, make sure you do a "make clean" before
another "make install", to rebuild and install against the new kernel.
By default it builds against the current kernel.  To build against a
different version:
k=2.6.24.4-64.fc8
env KERNELRELEASE=$k KERNELPATH=/lib/modules/$k/build make install