A good test of the F9pre-release would be to have livna and friends ready

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Apr 24 06:38:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 20:53 -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Leslie Satenstein
> <lsatenstein at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Working lilly white slows things down. Fedora should be LillyWhite, but it
> > would be nice to have livna ready for beta testing too.
>
> You can use hte livna-development repo - that tracks rawhide.

The livna development repo seems to deliver a broken nvidia experience
(beyond the actual driver not worker properly) at the moment, including
things like:

`/etc/init.d/nvidia stop` doesn't actually stop the daemon (which means
that having had it fail to work, I couldn't revert easily to running
without the driver.

the initial install didn't build a kernel module for the currently
installed kernel (but did build a module for an updated kernel shortly
after)

the backup xorg.conf file it creates was also using the nvidia driver so
it wasn't any better.

To get a working system I had to do `chkconfig --level  5 nvidia off`
and then delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf* and then restart.

I didn't expect the nvidia driver to work well given it's lack of
support for 3D, but there seems to be a few things that livna need to
get right first.

R.

 It's much better on my side"