GDM Greeter

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:02:43 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:27:55 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>
>> The animation can probably be made smoother in the future, especially if you're
>> not logging in while some services are still doing work after just starting up
>> in the background.  I agree its not very glamorous right now, but its a
>> damn-sight better than just suddenly snapping to a smaller box size...
>
> Why?

Because that is static, boring, and stoic... all of which is not dynamic,
modern, alive, and active.  It may be slower, but I like it, even with its
clunkyness, and I think alot of other people will too.  When I'm desperate to
login fast I use a VT.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29