Fedora suddenly cannot mount my ntfs

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:25:17 UTC 2008

benny chen wrote:
> I did not try command-line because I would have to force-mount. Anyone
> with same problem after update.
> whenever i double-click the icon it pops up a error message, but no
> content.

If you dualboot the machine, and have been in windows recently, then reboot to
windows, cleanly shutdown, and try again in Fedora.  The file system may not
have cleanly unmounted.  Otherwise (you don't have windows) just mount it once
by force and then it should stop doing that... of course there may be a reason
it didn't cleanly unmount, but unless you know the sequence of events that led
to it noone else will either, best you could do it guess.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29