Rawhide i386 dvd installation resaults :)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Apr 1 00:36:30 UTC 2008

Testing hardware Dell inspiron 6000 laptop.

Testing release Rawhide-20080328-Snapshot-i386-DVD.torrent
<http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents//Rawhide-20080328-Snapshot-i386-DVD.torrent>

Installation.

Anaconda.

No kernel parameters needed during installation
other than iamanext4developer to enable ext4.

Mouse speed still slow - feels like try to run in water..
Supposed to be fixed in #437039

Dont know it that made it to rawhide iso..

Had noticed when I updated yesterday the beta to latest rawhide the mouse
speed had indeed increase and, had previously set it to fastest
but the mouse speed in fastest mode is still slower than the "defaults"
that are
set on my Lenovo T61p

So this fixes ( #437039  )  defaults might need increase-ing..

Language used during install process English(English)
Keyboard Layout Icelandic
Install ( not upgrade )
IPv6 support disabled.
Timezone Atlantic/Reykjavik UTC

When choosing city's wwm centers to south atlantic ocean
Filled Bug #439832

Both Anne and Andrew confirmed this does not happen to  Beta
and Andrew later confirmed that it applied to all  cities  in  rawhide
iso's anaconda..

All test had default layout shrunken to 10 GiB ( / 7904 MiB, swap 2048
MiB )  + default /boot
with encryption either enabled disabled and default package selection (
938 packages. )
Standard Next --> Done installation (Default) with selinux enabled.

( custom layout )
Had enabled encryption on /boot on previous partitioned layout I had was
not allowed to to encrypt /boot.
Chose not to encrypt /boot partition was still not allowed to continue (
same error ) deleted /boot partition that I had "enabled"
encryption on.. still not allowed to continue ( same error )..
Ended up having to delete all my previous partition and set it up again
on "free space" then I could proceed with installation..

No other trouble during install.

Selinux, Selinux and again Selinux...
Before we release Gold there should not be ANY Selinux "errors"

setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing pulseaudio (xdm_t) "getcap"
setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing pulseaudio (xdm_t) "setcap"
kernel: type=1400 audit(1206985539.708:30): avc:  denied  { setsched }
setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing rhgb (rhgb_t) "read" to ./keyboard
(root_t) #Might be the why rhgb exited with traceback and I never
entered firstboot..

GDM errors
Mar 31 17:45:10 localhost gconfd (gdm-2335): Error setting value for
`/apps/gnome-screensaver/power_management_delay': Can't overwrite
existing read-only value: Value for
`/apps/gnome-screensaver/power_management_delay' set in a read-only
source at the front of your configuration path

Graphical errors in System -- Preference -- Hardware -- Keyboard --
Layouts -- Add
fields are just white..
choose layout -- long white empty space on top of the first country )
print screen seems to be disabled when one has clicked layout..
After you have chosen layout display is normal.. ( had noticed this with
alpha, beta and now rawhide just failed to report it )

Anaconda naming of boot partiions .. boot1  boot12 boot 123
Is this a bug or is this being intentionally done?  ( instead of boot1
boot2 boot3 etc..)..

Best regards
                    Johann B.