F9 Beta PPC

Robert M. Albrecht romal at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 05:34:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

I tried to install F9 beta on a PS3.

The graphical installation does not work for me. X starts, the displays
get grey and a mouse appears. Nothing more happens, after two hours of
waiting I killed it.

Text mode does work better, but Anaconda crashes while copying packages.
Sadly, the "save to" feature to save a bug report does not work either.
I connected an usb-floppy-disk (world`s first PS3 with a floppy disk
:-)) and an usb memory-stick. The whole system freezes while writing to
the usb-devices.

Has anyone succesfully installed F9 PPC ? Just bad luck on my machine ?
Is PS3 a target machine for F9-PPC oder are just real PPC machines
targeted ?

cu romal