Trouble with user-switcer applet

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Apr 3 05:49:11 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> � wrote:
>> I kernel oops gets shipped...
>>
>> Kernel 2.6.25-0.172.rc7.git4.fc9.i686 broken ?
>
> Would really help if you could figure out what that oops is.  Can you
> run an ssh from another machine and tail -F /var/log/messages while
> you do that user switch?  You might actually catch that oops.

The kernel oops is getting "shipped" to the right place so I don't think
that is something to worry to much about...

But user-switching-applet needs some fixing..

I switch and get some graphical scrambling but make it to GDM.
There I can see I'm currently logged in.
Log in as "other/root" ( why cant we just call this administrator or
superuser can there be someone else???)
that works, switch from the root account to my account,  again graphical
scrambling. switch again to "other"
graphical scrambling, make it to GDM choose other and I end up in my
account..

Will test this better in the morning on both my laptops..