Testers Hardware...

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 06:30:30 UTC 2008

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 18:14 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
>>> I see what you mean.  Perhaps we need some way of adding smolt
>>> profiles to Fas, with a flag that says 'ask me for testing help.'
>>> This way we can sift through that data that way.
>> That sounds like a really good idea.
>
> I'm not sure what "adding smolt profiles to Fas" means, but if it's
> something like being able to upload you smolt profile and say that you
> are happy to help with testing on you hardware (where possible) so that
> developers can contact you when they are having issues with particular
> hardware then this would be great (and I would happily sign on).

Yes; That is what was meant.  I think the only real barrier to making that
useful would be the frontend tooling to let developers search through that
subset of smolt profiles using keywords for people with the right hardware.  Its
going to take more than adding a URL to FAS (fedora account system) for each
tester's hardware profile, otherwise that would be a waste of time.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used